Monday, April 8, 2013

Weird Things

I always find it strange when someone you have known for a very long time acts so differently out of the blue. And even more so when it seems genuine. This thought came to mind because of recent events. I have told pretty much everyone now that is directly related to me about my pregnancy. Dad reacted how I imagined, as did Tracy and my mother. Dad's side of the family took it well...and mom's side...well I haven't heard from them at all. Well, today I told my ex-husband.... just so he was aware. I never saw his response coming. "I'm happy for you if that's what you want."

WHAT?!

I almost broke my phone...almost dropped it in a pot of boiling water.

I expected outrage and a whole lot of attitude. And I got nothing of the sort.. I got a little "uhm what" kind of thing going but that was like a drop of water in a bucket. I expected a torrential downpour of some sort.

Anyways. Now that I got that out of the way, I've started this whole Bible query of sorts with my sister. We are both trying to feel out what exactly we believe and what exactly is applicable (what is still valid and what isn't)
I started attending the church that mom went to while she was here. And I feel they could be extremely beneficial if I can manage to keep myself motivated to keep going. They seem to think more outside the box than totally within the constraints of what most people see as the church today. (judgmental, strict, overbearing, etc.)
I will get more into that as I go though. I'm tired and the past week or so has just about brought me to the floor. So more on everything at another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment